Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Slow Slow Slow

I know getting a new business off the ground can be slow, but still, its driving me a little mad. We had some very good orders last week, all in quick succession- pop pop pop- and now we're going on day five without an order. I hate it ! I want them just to pour in !

Coinciding with the drought, ironically, is our Adwords campaign. Color me surprised when I got home from LA to find that sixty dollars had walked out the door without even a how's your neighbor. Really- I mean for such a vaunted advertising medium, I would have hoped someone would have bought something from us.

Still, as huffy as I might get, I can't be too upset with Google- after all, I'm the ignoramus who set up the campaign, and I'm still monkeying with it. I know you can't wish for magic, but it is very tempting sometimes.

You really can't get upset though- I'd rather have orders, but I do have to remember that this is a new business and that we don't have a big promotional budget or pro's setting everything up, and that I can't just expect it to work instantly. I have a lot of faith in Blingityourself.com- now I just have to put that faith into action, and promote promote promote.

1 comment:

Elton Tom (this could be you!!! send us some dirt, good tips and stuff.) said...

you prolly know my friends ghis paul and nigel.

xoxo,
Tom
nice blog!